Saturday, February 17, 2007

It's STOH Time!

As we get set for the opening draw (two hours away) I think I have to put in my predictions for this year's Scotties. It's a bit hard to say, as I haven't seen any of the teams play this year at all. But I can say who I HOPE will be in there at the end of the week.

Heather Strong (NFLD) - They played really well last year, have awesome hit weight, and they seem like really nice girls (at least, they were when my team played them in the fall)

Jennifer Jones (MB) - Anyone who's read my blog from last year knows all about how awesome I think she is. They'll be fighting for revenge this year, and back in the yellow jackets of Manitoba.

Kelley Law (BC) - Back at the nationals again. She was my favourite at the beginning of the decade, and I'll be interested to see how they play this year.

Kelly Scott (Canada) - Calm and deadly, they should have a good shot, though they're hardly my favourites. I actually think they WILL win the whole thing. Again.

I hope TSN shows either the MB/SK or CAN/NL draw this afternoon. Tonight... they'd better show BC/QUE!

No comments: