Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Curling does rock

This site is dedicated to curling. Not just the game and the tournaments and what-have-you, but also the curlers. I love women's curling, I think it is way more fun to watch than the men's. And I will lay out my argument to anyone who dares question me!

This weekend I'm off to the premier curling event for women in the world, The Scott Tournament of Hearts. No, not the Olympics or the Worlds but rather the Canadian championships. After all, 90% of the best teams are in Canada (made that statistic up, but it's gotta be pretty close). And that makes for some GOOD curling.

I'm mainly going because it's fairly local and because my current favourite team, Team Jennifer Jones, will be there. Also the recent Canada Cup winner Cathy King, and some more veterans such as Colleen Jones and Heather Strong. I am very excited as this will be the first time I've gone to watch a major event in person. My prediction for the playoffs: Cathy King and Colleen Jones will probably be there. Fingers crossed for Jennifer and Team Canada...

No comments: