Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Draw Eleven

On Sheet C, the game I watched most, strong and consistent BC blew away Manitoba in 7 ends. All the other games were surprisingly close, given the form thus far. Playing mediocre Saskatchewan, Canada made two huge errors in the ninth to give up a steal, and then Jenn had to make two great shots in the 10th to eke out three for the win. I was continuing to become less enamoured with her: she just had no confidence and was asking too many questions of her team. And I wasn’t satisfied with their replies.

PEI got a win over Quebec, despite strong play by Quebec early—I thought they deserved the win (how might THAT have changed the eventual playoff outcomes?). On our sheet it was a steady game by NB and Newfoundland with no outstanding shots. Andrea Kelly’s streak seemed to be at an end as cool-as-cucumber Heather Strong made a pressure-filled draw without backing for the win in an extra end. I became more and more impressed with the Newfoundland team, and they were certainly on a big roll. Charles drove me home, which took longer than if I’d walked but at least I did not have to go down those spooky, empty streets.

No comments: