Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Draw Twelve

Eve Bélisle had a decent game against BC on Sheet A, but it was pretty much impossible to come back after giving up 4 in the 2nd end and BC won of course. Kelly Scott gave a grin and a triumphant wave to the appreciative crowd, the first real emotion I’d seen from this team. Canada was on Sheet C, and they too were given a run for their money by little NB: Kelly’s team played well and Team Canada played terrible. Jill flashed the same peel twice in the 10th. I’d have hit her if I was Jennifer, but she didn’t really look too agitated! But they still managed to score 4 on a fantastic shot by Jennifer—I’m not sure how NB managed to lose that one, to be honest.

Newfoundland had another convincing win and I enjoyed watching them as much as anyone else: in fact, I have started to root for them. I was not the only one: Heather Strong seemed to be impressing a large part of the audience and getting large cheers after her wins.

After the game and lunch in town I headed to the Lounge for autographs with the BC team. Not only did they have pins like Team Alberta, they were giving out chocolates and Fruit-to-Go’s too. Very nice. They were all very cute in person, though I didn’t actually talk to any of them. Kelly Scott had a nice smile. Just as I was leaving the table, I heard Jeanna say to Kelly “Uh oh, look’s like our mothers are getting in line.” Too funny; my mother would be doing the same thing.

No comments: