Monday, March 27, 2006

Sweden Rules the World

I haven't actually seen the final game of the Women's World Championships (yet) but I was assured that it was a pretty good game that could have gone either way. Ultimately Annette Norberg continued to be the best there is: back to back worlds, the Olympics, can't get much better than that!

I quite like her team. I like the Debbie McCormick team as well though, although they need to do some work on their strategy. If they can get the strategy down, then they will continue to be a force to be reckoned with. They were entertaining, and I can't say I was disappointed when the US beat the Canadians on Saturday. Sacriledge? Nah, I'm all for the best team winning. And Kelly Scott's crew were not the best team, nor the most entertaining.

And so ends the women's curling season! Not a bad one, over all. And I never thought I'D say it... but I need a break (but only until the men's worlds start on Saturday)! Let's just bring back Jennifer Jones and Jenn Hanna and Stefanie Lawton and Heather Strong at the national level.... and things will be exciting again next year.

No comments: