Friday, March 03, 2006

Tie-Breaker

I got up early and make the trek through the snow to the JLC with excitement. I was expecting a great match, rooting for Newfoundland, and was thrilled to see that all the playoffs were going to take place on Sheet C, far the best sheet for me to watch on. The match was fairly well-attended, but it was a lopsided game. Quebec could do no wrong, and Newfoundland got absolutely no breaks. Frustrated but outwardly calm, Heather called it quits after 7 ends. I began to fear for Team Canada: they’d need a stellar game to beat BĂ©lisle and I wasn't sure they could bring it. The early ending had me wandering home. I decided not to set the VCR for the afternoon game: surely it wouldn’t be as exciting as the evening game, and I could only pick one or the other as I wouldn't be home in between the games.

No comments: